Career as a Business Analyst
What is It?
The role of a Business Analyst involves studying business processes and operating procedures in search of ways to improve an organization’s operational efficiency and achieve better performance.
Business analysts who work in consulting firms often specialize in an industry, such as health care or manufacturing, or develop expertise in a specific business area, such as supply chain management or information systems management.
Activities they do?
- Identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes
- Oversee modification of business systems or IT systems
- Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs
- Gather, document, and analyze business needs and requirements and solve business problems and, as needed, designs technical solutions
- Interacts with system architects and developers to ensure the system is properly implemented
Areas they Work?
- Non-profit organizations
- Government agencies
- As external consultants
Most entry-level business analyst positions require at least a bachelor’s degree preferably in business disciplines, business administration, business analytics and business information systems, Industry recognised certifications also help in moving up the ladder.
The average salary of a business analyst is around 6-7 lacs per annum in India. Abroad, the prospects are much better.Entry-level jobs may include industry/domain expert, developer, and/or quality assurance. Within a few years one could choose to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self