Career as a Game Designer/Developer
What is it?
A game developer/designer is involved in characters, levels, puzzles, art and animation for developing a game. They may also write code, using various computer programming languages and be responsible for project management tasks and testing early versions of video games
Activities they do?
- Devise the missions, challenges and puzzles
- Create narrative features, such as story-lines, role-play mechanics and character bios
- Collaborate with artists and sound engineers to achieve the desired audio/visual style
- Plan games using screenshot mockups, gameplay flowcharts and other visual devices
- Maintain design level documentation, including mechanics, guidelines and mission outlines.
Areas they Work?
- Video Game Production Companies
- Design Schools
- Publishing Companies
- Software design firms
- Media firms
A bachelor’s degree in video game development, computer science, software engineering, mobile application development, game & simulation programming, or a similar programming-focused area of study.
A Game Designer in India on an average earns a salary of around 6-7 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self