Career as a Language Translator/Interpreter
What is it?
Language Interpreters and translators speak, read, and write in at least two languages fluently. Interpreters and translators convert information from one language into another language. Interpreters work in spoken or sign language; translators work in written language.
Following are the various roles an interpreter/translator may assume:
- Community Interpreters
- Conference Interpreters
- Health/Medical interpreters and Translators
- Legal Interpreters
- Liaison Interpreters
Activities they do?
- Convert concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language
- Compile information and technical terms into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations
- Communicate the style and tone of the original language
- Extract and convey spoken messages accurately, quickly, and clearly
- Work on documents on a wide range of subjects
- Attend interesting and important conferences as an Interpreter.
Areas they Work?
- Large MNCs, Universities, NGOs
- Medical transcription
- Import Export Agencies
- Publishing houses, Freelancing
- International organizations and Embassies
- Hospitality and Airlines
Diploma/Degree/Certificate Courses in the concerned language.
If one has done a diploma course, graduation or masters, he can start with ₹4.5 lakh per year. For freelancers, it depends on the number of words in the source text, your experience and skill; (Rs.1- Rs.5 per word).
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes