Career as a Portfolio Manager
What is it?
Portfolio managers handle investment portfolios and design investment strategies for clients so that they choose right investment products.
Portfolio managers work with multiple investment products such as pension funds, hedge funds, retail funds, mutual funds etc.
Portfolio managers work closely with financial analysts and researchers to produce analytical reports and make informed investment decisions. They utilize their financial expertise and judgment to purchase and sell securities.
Activities they do?
- A portfolio manager should keep himself abreast of the recent financial trends
- Regularly participate in meetings with clients to discuss market developments
- Work with the research team to make informed financial decisions
- Design investment solutions for clients and help them understand various investment tools
- Establish good communication with potential investors
Areas they Work?
- Wealth Management funds
- Banking and Finance Industry
- Insurance sector
- Hedge fund industry
One can become a Portfolio manager after the completion of a bachelor’s degree in finance or economics. A master’s degree in finance or even a business administration will prove to be beneficial. Many portfolio managers also pursue CFA(Charted Financial Analyst) Program for an added advantage.
A Portfolio manager, on an average, draws a remuneration of 10-15 lacs per annum. A good amount of experience may lead to salary as high as 20-25 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self