Career as a Pre-sales Consultant
What is it?
Pre-sales consultants identify the technical needs from the client side and then use their managerial skills to bring business. Pre-sales involve various activities that are carried out before acquiring a client. Individuals from pre-sales domain act as both technical and business consultants.
Pre-sales consultants are expected to have a sound technical knowledge of their work domain.
Activities they do?
- Identify new business opportunities by finding out potential markets and customers and reaching out to them
- Occasionally providing support after sales
- Registering various issues and reporting them regularly
- Offer tailor-made technical products to customer
- Design product proposal based on customer’s requirement
- Give product demonstrations
Areas they Work?
- Technical sales of IT industry
- Consulting companies
- Technological re-sellers
- Software vendors
One can enter into this field by completing their graduation in computer science /IT and systems. A master’s degree in business administration can prove to be beneficial.
The average salary of a presales consultant is around 8-9 lakhs per annum. This compensation can go up to 20 lakhs with increase in experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes