Career as a Social Media Manager
What is it?
A social media manager exploits social media and its allied platforms to connect and associate the organisation and its product with its customers.
The manager designs strategies to link their brand and identity with the audience in order to develop brand awareness and reputation. Managing the content of its social media representation is also very crucial to bring the website in top google searches.
A social media manager also focuses on the web designing and developing strategies.
Activities they do?
- Identify target customers and work on their engagement and promotion strategies
- Monitor response rate and track negative feedback
- Keep on updating and improving its various social media promotional platforms (facebook page, twitter etc.)
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders
- Keeping the team abreast of recent social media trends
- Using various web tracking devices such as google analytics
Areas they Work?
- Media agencies
- Full service advertising agencies
- Brand content agencies
- In marketing departments of various companies
One can enter this career by completing their basic graduation and then combining it with a diploma/masters in Marketing.
A social media manager gets a salary of 2.5-3.5 lacs per annum at an entry level. With experience the salary may increase up to 7 lacs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes