Career as a Trading advisor
What is It?
A Commodity trading advisor is an individual or a firm that provides guidance to clients on trading in future contracts, options on futures , swaps and foreign exchange contracts. The advisor exercises control over the trading account of the customer.
They exercise trading authority over a customer’s account as well as give specific advice based upon customer’s particular commodity interest account.
Commodity trading advisors trade both in financial instruments and physical commodities (e.g. Grains, metal etc.).
Activities they do?
- Provide potential clients with disclosure document before a trading agreement take place
- Collect an acknowledgement from the client for the disclosure agreement
- Ensure that the disclosure format follows the specified pattern
- Maintain itemized daily records for each transaction with execution details
- Keep oneself updated with all the market developments
Areas they Work?
- Commodity trading firms
- Independent counseling to clients
- Investment Banks
- Hedge Fund managing firms
A graduate or a post graduate degree in finance, accounting will lay a good foundation. Further a registration process is required with the regulator of the securities market to become a trading advisor.
The average annual compensation of a trading advisor is in the range of Rs.14-15 lacs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes