Career as Animation and Multimedia Designer
What is it?
Animation is the process of making the illusion of motion by rapid display of static images which is used in videos and films as powerful medium for storytelling.
Multimedia designers create interactive content using special effects, graphics, audio, video and other electronic tools.
Previously, animation was done manually, with animators drawing multiple frames to depict a single action. Today, computer-generated imagery (CGI) has mostly replaced manual animation, but a significant amount of artistic talent is still required.
Activities they do?
- Liaising with clients and developing animation from their concepts
- Read the script and break the story down into individual storyboards
- Create 2D and 3D models of characters, props and scenery
- Develop the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object and ensure they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements
- Building up accurate, detailed frame-by-frame visuals
- Recording dialogue and working with editors to composite the various layers of animation
- Editing the sequencing of the animation: refining and adding extra sound effects
Areas they Work?
Diploma/UG/PG in Animation & Multimedia and related courses like graphic design, digital art etc.
An Animation and Multimedia designer earns an average salary of around 3-4 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes