Career As Bank Clerk
What is it?
A clerk can work as interest clerk, security clerk, loan clerk, statement clerk or exchange clerk. A clerk works on a front-end job and is the first point of contact for providing services and handling inquiries of customers. Thus, a lot depends on a clerk as he gives the very first impression of the bank and its services.
Internally, a bank clerk can appear for internal promotion exams and can get promoted to Assistant Manager and other senior posts.
A bank clerk normally stays in a branch for a minimum period of 5 years, unlike PO’s where it is generally 3 yrs.
There will be a transfer to different branch and region after promotion.
Activities they do?
- Responsible for front desk work such as payment, receipts, withdrawals, etc.
- Responsible for keying in the details in the computer systems
- Works in marketing of financial products of bank such as deposits, loans, etc.
- Provide services to customers and to reply to their queries
- Refer interested customers to appropriate specialized sales personnel
Areas they Work?
- Public sector banks
- Private sector banks
- Cooperative banks
- Regional rural banks
One has to clear the CWE (Common Written Examination) conducted by IBPS for 19 public sector banks.
Private banks have their own separate examinations as per the requirement and vacancies in the bank.
A bank clerk initially get a salary of 2.5-3 lacs per annum. Other allowances like medical, Leave Fare Concessions, Furniture, Travelling, Entertainment, etc. Concessional Rate of Interest for staff in loans (Housing loan, conveyance loan, overdraft limits, etc.) are given.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes