Career as Dermatologist
What is it?
The primary responsibility of a dermatologist is to diagnose and treat patients suffering from any conditions affecting the skin, hair, fingernails, external genetilia and mouth. They help patients deal with and fight skin cancers and other skin tumours. These highly specialized physicians try to cure both allergic and nonallergic skin conditions.
Surgical Dermatologist-Performing surgeries
Dermatopathologist/Clinical Dermatologist-Prescribing medication
Activities they do?
- Perform mole extractions, Botox injections and other procedures
- Diagnosis and treat skin cancer, melanomas, moles and skin tumors
- Treat hair loss, scars and other skin associated problems.
- Perform cosmetic surgery
- Teach the patient about basic skin care and hair care
Areas they Work?
- Government and private hospitals
- Skin care centres, dispensaries
- Medical Colleges and Institutions
MBBS degree with one of the options —
- A three-year MD programme in dermatology, venereology and leprosy
- Two- year diploma course in dermatology, venereology and leprosy
In India, dermatologists on average earn Rs. 4-6 lacs annually. However, with experience and practice, this figure can increase dramatically.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self