Career as a Fitness Trainer
What is it?
Fitness trainers help people achieve and maintain good physical health, plan and implement exercise routines as well as giving advice on diets, nutrition and other important areas. It involves helping people achieve their goals and making sure that they become and stay in shape.
Activities they do?
- Show people how to use different exercise equipment
- Supervising the individuals to make sure that they are using the equipment properly
- Run group classes as well as teach clients individually if needed
- Remain up to date on any new updates and developments in their field
- Run their fitness facility smoothly as well as conduct inductions and supervisions
- Meet clients to discuss their needs and make sure that they complete their exercises
- Assess their client’s fitness level and help them achieve their fitness goals
Areas they Work?
- As freelancers
- Personal trainers
- Gym, Hotel or club
- Schools and Government Organisations
A level qualification in Physical Education or Sports backed by gaining a BSc in sports studies, health and fitness management, sports science or any other related field.
Specialized areas of fitness training may also require special qualifications such as a lifeguard qualification if the trainer is working near water.
The salary of a fitness trainer in a gym ranges from Rs. 1.5-3 lacs per annum but the income can go up to several lacs annually , though such trainers are very few in number.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes