Career as Lecturer/Professor
What is it?
A professor is an academic expert who teaches students and helps them gain their degrees in educational institutes. Professors also undertake research activities and are quite experienced in their field.
Lecturers generally work at a beginner/junior level and grow ahead with experience to become senior lecturers and then professors. They play an active role in integrating new learning methods and making the education field dynamic.
Activities they do?
- Design various programmes for the curriculum that will suit the course
- Monitor student’s progress from time to time
- Carry out research in the specialized field to gain more knowledge
- Publish papers in their area of knowledge
- Carry out certain administrative tasks
- Deliver lectures on assigned topics
- Conduct weekly tests and assignments
Areas they Work?
- Research and Consulting Institutions
- Colleges & Universities
- As independent consultants
- Books/Course development
One has to first complete his/her graduation and post-graduation in a particular area of interest. Further an individual has to clear NET (National eligibility test)/SET (State eligibility test) exam to attain lectureship in a government recognized university.
The average annual compensation of a lecturer is around 3-5 lacs. With a good experience after becoming a professor the compensation gradually increases up to the range 9-10 lacs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes