Career in Chemical Engineering
What is it?
Chemical engineers apply the principles of chemistry and mathematics to solve problems that involve the production or use of chemicals as well as fuel, plastics, paper, dyes, medicines, polymers, fertilizers, petrochemicals. They design processes and equipment for large-scale manufacturing, plan and test production methods and by-products treatment, and direct facility operations.
Chemical Engineers can get into process engineering, chemical sciences, food science and industrial product design.
Activities They Do?
- Develop new and improved manufacturing process
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids and gases using chemical processes
- Design and plan equipment and layout
- Conduct tests to monitor performance of processes
- Identify and rectify problems in manufacturing process
- Ensure compliance with safety and regulation
- Estimate production costs
Areas They Work?
- Industrial plants
- Food companies
- Oil & Gas
- Resins and Synthetics plants
- Process Consultancies
One can enter this career by doing Diploma/UG/PG in Chemical Engineering
An average salary for the chemical engineering professional ranges from 4-6 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Diploma/UG/PG
- Students 25
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self