Career in Acting
What is it?
An actor portrays different characters in theater productions, films, radio, television, live events etc. Actors have to completely represent the character they are playing through various expressions and emotions.
It requires enormous effort from an actor’s part to justify the role he plays both by his acting talent and his physical looks, to create a character. Acting is a very popular career choice that attracts youth.
Activities they do?
- Study scripts, learn a part and portray the character through speech, gesture and various other performance skills
- Attend auditions for parts in productions, performing prepared or improvised pieces
- Rehearse parts by memorizing lines, cues and movements
- Undertake extensive research for certain roles and productions
- Work under the guidance of a director
- Attend costume fittings
Areas they Work?
There are many acting schools which provide various courses and diplomas in acting and National School of Drama/FTII being a few premier ones.
The annual earning of a TV actor can be anywhere between 8-12 lacs For a movie actor the earning per year depends on the movies he signs up, his screen time in them and also on the popularity of the actor.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self