Career in Agricultural Science
What is it?
Agricultural science is the study of management and science of various activities related to sustainable production of agricultural goods. It involves an understanding of agricultural production from scientific, economic and environmental point of view.
An agricultural scientist has to deal with fundamental concepts such as cropping and soil science, livestock production, plant nutrition, biology, agricultural economics etc.
With increasing food demands in the world a blend of technology in traditional farming is necessary. Agricultural scientists fill this gap.
Activities they do?
- Study effects of various cultivation techniques on crops and land
- Identify various crop diseases and their patterns
- Working in laboratories to develop effective crop disease medication
- Collect various samples of soil and study them
- Understand the effects of environmental factors on the commercial crops and take necessary action
- Work on developing modern cultivation techniques and advise the farmers about the same
Areas they Work?
- Agricultural research labs
- Field work on farms
- State department of agriculture
- Food technology institutes
There is B.Tech course available in Agricultural engineering. Also there is a diploma course available for the same. Interested candidates can pursue their master and doctoral program in agricultural science.
Agricultural science is a rapidly growing industry due to increasing food needs of the growing population. Thus agricultural scientists are professionals in high demand. An agricultural scientist at a beginner level earns 2-3 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self