Career in Anthropology
What is it?
Anthropology is a science that deals with the history of the development of human beings and the social, cultural and physical growth and behavior of mankind. Questions such as how one’s behavior changes over time, how people from different regions of the world differ, how the human species has evolved over millions of years, and how individuals manage with different cultures.
A few of the specialized fields of study include:
- Sociocultural Anthropology
- Biological Anthropology
- Linguistics Anthropology
- Medical Anthropology
- Business Anthropology
- Archaeology Anthropology
Activities they do?
- Field Work and Research
- Design and implement wide variety of social programmmes
- Study of certain ethnic groups or ancient artifacts in remote locations for long periods
- Write Scholarly articles and Books
Areas they Work?
- Archaeology Department
- Organizations such as WHO, UNESCO, UNICEF
- Art galleries, museums, libraries, publishing houses
- Universities, Government and Private Business Agencies
- Human and Health Services Organisation
- Computers/Software Development/Information Technology
Various UG/PG and Doctorate level courses in Anthropology can be pursued along with diverse specializations like Applied, Forensic, Business, Visual Anthropology etc.
On an average, an Anthropologist earns 1.2-2.5 lacs per annum. The package may rise once the person establishes in the domain. Also, Museums and libraries pay a high salary as do corporate houses for jobs in the HR domain.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes