Career in Art Direction
What is it?
Art Director are responsible for the the overall look and visual style of a publication, product packaging, an advertising campaign, and the background/ambiance of a scene in a film, stage performance or a television show.
Besides creating the overall design they also direct others who develop artwork or layouts. The fundamental role of art direction is to direct and guide an audience through the information being presented to them by presenting content/message in any textual or audio/visual form in an easy to understand manner.
Activities they do?
- Work in tandem with the producers and designers to develop the appropriate scene backgrounds
- Supervise design staff and coordinate activities with other design departments
- Review and approve designs, artwork, graphics developed by the team members
- Talk to clients to develop an artistic approach and style
- Develop detailed budgets and timelines
- Present designs to clients for approval
Areas they Work?
- Film, television and theatre
- Advertising and public relations
- Web design and video games
Bachelor or Post Graduate degree in an arts or design major such as fine art, visual communications or digital media.
The Art Director’s median salary in India is around 6lacs per annum. With experience this may rise up to 12-14 lacs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes