Career in Astronomy/Astro Sciences
What is it?
Astronomy is an observational science which deals with the study of heavenly bodies. It considers their motions, their forms, their nature,
the effects which they produce upon one another and their probable past history and future development.
The observational study involves advanced mathematical analysis done through fast computers and state of the art software. Quantum Mechanics, Classical Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Electrodynamics are a few subjects that form an integral base for studying Astronomy.
The branches of study include Astrophysics, Astrometeorology, Astrobiology, Astrogeology and Astrometry.
Activities they do?
- Gather data by using telescopes, computers and other instruments and tools
- Travelling, reading, observing, and writing reports
- Teaching and working in offices
- Designing instruments
Areas they Work?
- Research Institutes and government organizations
- National observatories, planetariums, science museums etc.
- Scientific Data centres
- Astronomical Instrumentation industry
Bachelors/Masters in physics / mathematics / engineering with a specialization or a Ph.D. in Astronomy & Astrophysics.
The average salary at the beginner level is 6-7 lacs per annum. With experience it rises further upto 10-12 lacs in a few years.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes