Career in Biotechnology
What is it?
The field focuses on the intersection of biology and technology, leading to a vast array of new and improved biological and industrial products that are designed to enrich lives, make day-to-day living easier, and make us healthier at affordable costs.
It covers a wide range of subjects like Genetics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Chemistry and Engineering and is also related to many other subjects like Health and medicine, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry, Cropping system, Ecology, Cell Biology, Soil Plant Physiology, Seed Technology etc.
A few Specializations
- Botany Specialist
Activities they do?
- Set up instruments and laboratory equipment used to conduct and monitor experiments
- Record data and prepare reports for research scientists
- Design research studies, analyze data and develop procedures
- Biotechnologists develop products from living systems
- Developments based in microbiology, molecular biology and cell biology
- Work on research on genetically derived materials
Areas they Work?
- Forensic teams
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Universities and Research institutions
One can enter this career by doing B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech in Biotechnology.
An average salary for the Biotechnology professional is around 4-5 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self