Career in Career Counselling
What is it?
Career counselors help individuals identify their strengths, weakness, and talents and help them make informed career choices. They provide accurate and detailed information of every occupation. Counselling can take place face-to face or even through online and telephonic media.
Career counselling focuses on individuals who have recently passed out of school/college, people with jobs who are not satisfied with their career growth and unemployed adults.
Activities they do?
- Conduct seminars and workshops in different academic institutions
- Take one-to-one customised counselling sessions
- Have an in-depth knowledge of various career opportunities
- Design psychometric tests to assess an individual
- Train individuals in job search skills, interview preparation and resume writing
Areas they Work?
- Career counselling firms
- Skill development organisations
- Coaching Institutes
One has to complete his graduation in psychology. After graduation there are many post graduate diploma courses available in fields such a guidance and counselling, educational and vocational guidance etc.
The average annual compensation of a career counsellor is around 2-3 lacs. With a good industry experience the compensation gradually increases.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes