Career in Choreographer
What is It?
A Choreographer is a person who gives a visual representation to the music track with the help of the dancers.
He/She chooses designs and directs the entire performance. They device new dance steps and help with the entire representation of the dance sequence along with costumes, props, location/set etc.
They may also be involved in directing dance/musical plays.
Activities They Do?
- Carefully listen and feel the music which need to put into dance or performance form
- Get the feel of the dance steps and timing for same
- Understand the director’s vision and design the dance steps and routines accordingly
- Teach dance routine to the actors or performers
- Work with support staff for dancer costumes and props
Areas They Work?
- TV Shows
- Stage Shows & Theatre
- Dance Studios
One can enter this career by doing diploma/degree programs in dance or performing arts.
A Choreographer’s salary varies from 5-6 lacs per annum to 15-30 lacs per annum based on skill, social network and experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Diploma/UG
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes