Career in Clinical Psychology
What is it?
Psychology is a science of mental states and processes. A clinical psychologist is a person who offers counselling services to people with abnormal mental states/mental processes and show abnormal mental behavior
Activities they do?
- Counsellor understands the problem of the clients, and help them come out of their miseries
- Counsellors working in rehabilitation centres (E.g. Drug addicts) help the patients to reduce the intake of drug. They try to figure out the reasons, and help them come out of the miserable life
- (In Schools) They help children during their educational years. They also deal with students who have learning difficulties or some behavioural issues
- They apply various therapies, and work parallel to a psychiatrist
Areas they Work?
- Government Institutions
- NGOs/Rehabilitation Centres
- As Independent Counsellors
One should pursue M.Phil./Ph.D in Clinical Psychology after finishing Bachelor’s and Master level courses in Psychology.
Salaries range from 1.5-2 lacs per annum in the Government Sector, but may range up to 5 lacs per annum in the private organizations.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes