Career in Corporate Finance
What is it?
Corporate Finance puts the responsibility of identifying appropriate financing options for a business. Capital budgeting decisions, valuation analysis, financing decisions, risk management, and dividend policy are a few areas that come under the ambit of corporate finance. It also involves handling cash on hand and facilitate any mergers or acquisitions coming in way.
The goal is to minimize the risk and maximise the value of the organisation to the shareholders
Activities they do?
- Designing, executing and monitoring financial policies and programs
- Build financial forecasts
- Study spreadsheets that detail cash flow, profitability, and expenses
- Figure out ways to free up capital, increase profitability, and decrease expenses
- Managing cash resources
- Interacting and dealing with the financial community and investors.
Areas they Work?
- Small and Big business corporations
- Banks and financial institutions
- Investment Banking
A Bachelors’ degree in business administration, economics or commerce followed by MBA in Corporate Finance would be appropriate for this career choice. Certifications like CFA and FRM help fast-track the career growth.
The salaries in Corporate Finance cover a wider range from 4.5 lacs to 24 lacs per annum based on experience and place of work.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes