Career in Cost Management Accounting-CMA
What is it?
A Cost management accountant collects, assimilates and analyzes the financial and costing information about the organization. A CWA can work as a credit officer or manager in public sector banks. A cost accountant can work as finance controller, cost controller and cost and financial consultant.
Apart from this, a CWA specializes in guiding managerial decisions, assessing the profitability variance, operational efficiency and effectiveness of the production/service management and so on.
Activities they do?
- Responsible for performing accounting and costing functions
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Conducting cost audits for the organization
- Designing cost control methods and analyzing information for the organization
- Analyzing the projects to be undertaken for the organization
Areas they Work?
- Finance/Accounting departments of Corporations
- Related Government departments
- Banking and Financial institutions
- Accounting or consulting firms
There are 3 stages in ICWA course i.e., CMA Foundation, Inter and Final. After XII, one is eligible to give CMA Foundation while after graduation one can directly attempt Inter level.
ACMA draws an average salary of Rs. 4-5 lacs per annum based on experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes