Career in Data Science
What is it?
Data science is an integration of computer science, mathematical statistics, and applications. At the very core of this field all you have is data and a data scientist processes and uses this data to solve complex problems and generate business value.
Data scientists use different tools and technologies to get clarity and direction with huge quantities of data and further process it and present the same data intelligently in a condensed form.
Activities they do?
- Collect large amount of data and transform it into an understandable format by generating reports
- Co-ordinate activities with both IT and business
- Learning new analytical techniques such as deep learning and text analytics
- Identifying various trends and patterns in the given data
- Using data-based tools and techniques to solve various business related problems
Areas they Work?
- Research institutes
- IT industry
- Intelligence agencies
- Scientific laboratories
- Meteorological department
A bachelor’s degree in computer science is a good start for a career in data science. Also knowledge of statistics and mathematics is essential. Study of programming languages such as R, Python, Scala, and frameworks such as Hadoop, Apache spark is necessary.
The average salary of a data scientist is around 6-7 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes