Career in Database Administration and warehousing
What is it?
Database administrators organised and store database using different tools and software. This data may include company’s financial reports, logistics reports etc.
They have to ensure that data is secure from unauthorized access and is available to users whenever required.
Data warehousing is integrating data from various platforms, comparing and analyzing it further for greater business benefits.
Activities they do?
- Controlling user access to database and optimizing its performance
- Having a planned system for backup and recovery of information
- Ensuring availability of technical support in case of any technical failure
- Time to time installing and upgrading of database server
- Evaluate complex information that comes from various sources
- Merge old database into new ones
Areas they Work?
- Computer systems design industry
- Healthcare sector
- Banking and financial sector
- Insurance sector
- IT industry
There is a requirement of a bachelor’s degree in a computer or information systems related field. A fair knowledge and certification in database language such as SQL is required.
A Database administrator and a warehouse developer receive an average annual compensation of 4-5 lakhs per annum. With experience the compensation can reach up to 10-12lakhs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes