Career in Dental Science
What is it?
Dentists can be described as professionals of mouth and teeth care, where they diagnose and treat various oral injuries, diseases and decays of people of all ages. Besides this, they are also involved in educating people about proper oral care and hygiene in order to have clean and healthy teeth.
Dentists use a variety of equipment, including x-ray machines, drills, mouth mirrors, probes, forceps, brushes, and scalpels. They also use lasers, digital scanners, and other computer technologies, such as digital dentistry to diagnose and treat patients.
Activities they do?
- Examine patients’ teeth and gums using dental equipment and X ray
- Clean teeth, decays, cavities and provide preventive care using various procedures
- Perform root canal surgeries, teeth replacement and repair damaged teeth by providing crowns and bridges
- Perform routine oral care treatments for patients to help maintain good and clean teeth
- Design and fit dentures when required, also help in correcting teeth deformities by using braces.
- Involved in educating people about good oral hygiene and methods to have heath teeth and gums
Areas they Work?
- Research labs
- International Health Care
- Private Practice
- Public Health Associations
Bachelor or post graduate degree in Dental Science.
Dentists get paid in the range of 3-6 lacs per annum based on the skills and experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes