Career in Development Studies
What is it?
Development Studies is a multidisciplinary field of social science which deals with devising and implementing development solutions for the nations such that they are inclusive and sustainable.
Various Specializations include:
- Law, Governance and Policy
- Public Health
Activities they do?
- Primary Data Collection by visiting to slums/backward areas etc.
- Secondary data collection through research
- Field visits to various places to implement solutions/programmes devised
- Liaison with various government officials to implement development projects/initiatives.
Areas they Work?
- NGOs and CSR divisions of Corporations
- International Development Organizations like World Bank, UN etc.
- Research Fellows in Colleges/Universities
- Government Policy
A Bachelor’s degree in a social science subject like anthropology, geography, history, international relations, philosophy, political science, public management and sociology etc. followed by M.A/M.Phil/Ph.D in Development Studies
A Development Studies professional makes around 3-4 lacs per annum on an average.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self