Career in Digital Marketing
What is it?
Digital Marketing is the process of promotion and marketing of products and services using digital technologies mainly the internet and other means like text messaging, mobile instant messaging, mobile apps, podcasts, electronic billboards, digital television and radio channels, etc.
Various online activities such as search engine optimization, inbound marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, online pay per click etc. form a part of digital marketing.
It aims to engage customers in various ideas, products and services through electronic media. The concept enables the firms to analyse ongoing campaigns and get a real time idea of what works and what not.
Activities they do?
- Monitor website analytics and pay-per click initiatives
- Work with the content development and editorial team to polish the content and identify target keywords
- Increase brand awareness by creating social presence
- Initiate effective online campaigns to achieve business goals
- Evaluate and understand the needs of the customer
- Establishing exclusivity of customer by storing their information in database
Areas they Work?
- Digital Media agencies
- In digital marketing teams of various organisations
- Public relations management
- Event management firms
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing will lay a good foundation for a start in this field. Further one can get a certification in digital marketing.
A Digital Marketing specialist gets an annual compensation of 4 lacs per annum on an average. The package may go up to 10-12 lacs with experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self