Career in Direction
What is It?
Film, theater and television directors work on the artistic and dramatic elements of a film, play or TV show. They coordinate various activities starting from lighting of the sets, the props used in scenes to what lines the actor/actress uses in the film. They take all creative decisions on the set and are behind extracting the best talent out of actors. They constantly give suggestions to make scenes better and carry out retakes of scenes whenever required. They are involved in all the 3 processes of pre-production, production and post-production.
Activities They Do?
- Study scripts to determine artistic interpretation
- During the pre-production process directors decide on cast, crew and shooting locations
- Plan and arrange for set designs, costumes, sound effects and lighting
- During the production process they work on the shoot sequence, rehearsal of scenes etc.
- Plan, direct and coordinate filming, instructing camera operators and cinematographers
- Handle technical aspects such as filming, sound, lighting, design and special effects
- During the post production work closely with the production team
Areas They Work?
- Advertising Industry
One can enter this career by doing Diploma/UG/PG program in Direction/Film Making.
An established director earns 50-100 lakhs per movie. Newcomers are paid in the range of 5-20 lakhs per movie.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Diploma/UG/PG
- Students 25
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self