Career in Equity Trading
What is it?
An equity trader buys and sells securities, on behalf of the clients of the firm or for the firm itself(proprietary trading). He not only has an in-depth theoretical understanding of the fundamentals of the economy and a company but also analyzes the trends using charts and technical analysis.
Activities They Do?
- Interact with clients and takes position on their behalf
- Update client orders during stock market hours
- Understand client’s risk appetite by using certain draft speeches, questionnaires and interviews
- Work involves conducting market analysis, calculating and taking risk
- Research the market trends for future investments
- Ensure compliance as per regulatory norms
Areas They Work?
- Corporate clients
- Retail investors
One can become an equity trader after UG/PG program in Finance or related fields and has to obtain a license from National Association of Security dealers.
An equity trader draws a remuneration of 8-12 lacs per annum and profit sharing rights in the increase of the value of portfolio for the firm.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes