Career in Ethical hacking
What is it?
The very basic idea behind ethical hacking is breaking into computer systems with legal permission to check its security and strengthening the system from any kind of vulnerability. Ethical Hackers are white hat hackers who prevent black hat hackers/unethical hackers from maliciously breaking into any system.
As they are well versed with various computer algorithms they figure out loopholes in the security of the system and report it to the owners of the company. With increase in cyber crimes, ethical hacking has become a significant career and is highly in demand.
Activities they do?
- Evaluate security of a system’s infrastructure
- Track various unauthorised accesses
- Study the current security policies, cultures and regulations
- Design a mitigation/protection program for the system post analysis
Areas they Work?
- IT security industry
- Defence ministry of a country
- Banking and Finance industry
- Retail chains
- Telecom industry agencies such as CBI, FBI, NSA etc.
The basic requirement for this career is an Undergraduate degree in Computer Science. Along with that multiple certifications of various programming languages(C,C++,Python etc.) are a must.
The average annual compensation of an ethical hacker is 3-5 lacs per annum. However, based on the experience and the project, he may earn up to 10-12 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes