Career in Fashion Designing
What is it?
Fashion designers create original clothing, accessories, and footwear. They sketch designs, select fabrics and patterns, and give instructions on how to make the products they designed.
It covers following areas:
- Knitwear Design
- Leather and Footwear
- Accessory Design
- Gems and Jewellery Design
- Costume Designer
Activities they do?
- Study fashion trends and anticipate designs that will appeal to consumers
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) programs to create designs
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colors, or a style for each garment or accessory
- Present design ideas to the creative director
- Showcase designs in fashion or trade shows
- Market designs to clothing retailers or directly to consumers
Areas they Work?
- Garment and Textile Export Houses
- Retail and Wholesale Garment Businesses
- Film Production Units
- Fashion Media
- Quality Control
- Promotion of Brands
- Teaching Design
A bachelor’s degree in fashion design or fashion merchandising. In these programs, we learn about textiles and fabrics and how to use computer-aided design (CAD) technology.
A Fashion Designer starts with around 1.2-2 lacs per annum and may move up to 3.5-5 lacs in a few years.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes