Career in Fashion Merchandising
What is it?
Fashion merchandising is the promotion of apparel sales. It basically involves all tasks necessary to deliver clothing requests and meet the needs of potential customers and designers.
Merchandising also refers to the necessary preparation that must be completed in order to ensure that the merchandise is accessible and appealing to the customers. They are involved in buying, pricing, marketing, displaying, and selling garments and accessories.
Activities they do?
- Involves developing campaigns, displays and advertisements
- Directing manufacturing and marketing as well as creating sales strategies for the fashion industry or the retail environment.
- Predict future as well as current fashion and market trends by doing research
- Follow a strict budget while purchasing different fashion clothes
- Have a hand in setting prices and displaying the different types of fashion in a way that it attracts customers.
Areas they Work?
One can enter this career by doing certificate courses, diploma,under-graduation and post- graduation in fashion technology .
The entry level Fashion merchandisers get paid an average of around 3 lakhs. A senior merchandisers get paid about 5 lakhs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self