Career in Fashion Technology
What is it?
Fashion technology can be described as the art of making use of design and aesthetics or natural beauty & technology to produce and market clothing and accessories.
Fashion Technology professionals work across fashion design, procurement, manufacturing, merchandising and as fashion stylists.
Activities they do?
- Supporting the design and procurement team in all stages of garment product
- Selecting suitable fabrics and designs for various items of clothing
- Managing technical aspects from sizing & fittings to faults
- Research about future trends in fashion
- Designing and preparing illustrations
- Manufacturing of garments and textiles
- Merchandising and marketing
Areas they Work?
- Textile manufacturing
- Retail stores
- Fashion Magazines
- Fashion Photography
One can enter this career by doing certificate courses, diploma, under-graduation and post- graduation in Fashion Technology.
The Fashion Technologist gets paid in the range of 2-3 lakhs per annum as a starting salary. Experience professionals get salary in the range of 4-5 lakhs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self