Career in Film and TV Production
What is it?
A Film/TV Producer oversees the various processes associated with making a film starting from choosing an appropriate script, financing the project, handling the actors to releasing the movie.
They take all the business and financial decisions associated with the motion picture or TV production. Sometimes producers are assisted by assistant, executive or line producers. To become a successful producer, an experience in the creative side of film making as well as production process is crucial.
Activities they do?
- Reading multiple scripts and picking the best one for production
- Manage the finances for a film either by self-producing or identifying potential sources externally who can fund the film
- Meeting different television broadcast representatives and offering your creation for TV broadcasting
- Hiring the right director, film crew and staff
- Focusing on the marketing and distributing activities
- Handle all the pre-production and post-production processes
Areas they Work?
- Production Houses
Bachelor of Arts degree in film production and film studies from a University offering such courses.
A film /TV producer on an average makes 4-5 lacs per annum. However, depending on the film/TV show reception it can increase significantly. This pay is highly project dependent.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self