Career in Film Distribution
What is It?
Distributors acquire films via deals with studios, film production companies or agents of the film makers and prepare and execute film release plan so that it can reach to maximum viewers. Distributors decide the release date of a film and the viewing platform i.e. through theatres or home viewing via DVDs etc.
They also work on marketing and publicising films to the media, marketing partners, cinemas and the public.
Activities They Do?
- Liaising with filmmakers and producers, film sales agents to know the upcoming release pipeline
- Creating plans for film releases to ensure they reach wider audience
- Selling and publicising films to the media, marketing partners, cinemas and the public
- Handle all the paper and legal work associated with film acquisition, media rights etc.
- Overseas accountancy procedure and budget for the revenue and expense evaluation
Areas They Work?
- Music Shows
One can enter this career by formal diploma/degree program in film or management (esp marketing).
Film distribution coordinators get salary in the range of 3.5-6 per annum. Their remuneration is highly based on the project they are working on.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Diploma/UG
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes