Career in Film/Video Editing
What it is?
Film/Video editing is one of the important department of the movie/video making which deals with converting raw footage into final coherent output. Editor work closely with the director of the film during the post production manipulating the scene and handling the technical aspects to create the finalized version of the video or film
Activities They Do?
- Inspect raw output of the shooting to decide which scenes to keep and which need reshoot
- Trim, arrange, join the video segment with the help of software to create final output
- Import, render and compile the audio to create the combined media output
- Select and include the animation, VFX to enhance the output
- Select the stock shots from the library to incorporate them into film or video
Areas They Work?
- Film Making
- TV Broadcasting
- Branding Agencies
- Video Making Companies
Diploma/UG programs in film making direction includes editing. PG diploma in Editing
Film/Video editor will get 1.2-1.8 lacs per annum at an entry level. Average salary is 2.5-3.5 lacs with experience.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Certificate/UG/PG
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes