Career in Financial Planning and Analysis
What is it?
A financial planner helps his clients make informed financial decisions by helping them choose right investments, insurance and various other financial products. They also help customers in making efficient retirement and future educational expenses plan. Financial planners advise their customers on effective tax planning and risk management.
Financial analysers study and analyse the financial situation of an organisation and monitor its economic growth and generate reports. Based on these reports the analyst makes recommendations to clients.
Activities they do?
- Obtaining new business by finding potential clients
- Prepare financial reports and present it to the concerned financial authority
- Track a company’s financial report and forecast its business future
- Suggest insurance plans, mortgage and different investments to clients
- Keep one-self updated with the current economic trends and regulations
Areas they Work?
- Wealth Management funds
- Banking and Finance sector
- Insurance sector
- Hedge fund industry
- With securities and commodities broker
A bachelor’s degree in areas such as finance, economics, accounting etc. is a good start for a career in this field. A master’s degree in finance will prove to be beneficial. Many courses too are available in the field of investments, taxing, risk management etc.
A Financial planner draws an average annual package of 3-4 lacs. With experience this package can go up to Rs.10 lacs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes