Career in Geography
What is it?
Geography is the study of the surface of the earth, the location and distribution of its physical and cultural features, land forms, climate, soils, vegetation, minerals, water, the aerial outlines of places, and also the interrelation of these features as they influence human population.
Branches of study-
- Human Geography
- Physical Geography
Activities they do?
- Map the surface of the earth through mathematical observations and field work.
- Plan housing and development projects
- Analyze traffic patterns and volume
- Examine spatial patterns of accident statistics,
- Monitor air pollution levels and their environmental impacts
- Prepare mitigation plans when hazardous spills occur
- Develop new products like travelling information systems
Areas they Work?
- Agricultural and Economic institutes
- Government and Research institutes
- Local and state planning agencies
- GIS, Meteorological Department
- Medical Epidemiology
B.A/B.Sc in Geography and Masters may also be pursued in specialized field like GIS, Cartography etc.
At a beginner level, one may expect a starting salary of around 2-3 lacs per annum on an average. Senior persons and consultants earn much higher salaries.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self