Career in Graphic Design
What it is?
Graphic Designers communicate ideas to inform and inspire the customer using visual concepts developed by either using computer software or manually. They work on the design and creation of logos, brochures, advertisements, social media content and websites.
- UI/UX Designer – User interface & experience online or mobile
- Illustrator – Design illustrations for print or digital
- Calligraphers – Typography for signs, cards or font designs
- Web Design – Work on the website layout and creative design
- Advertising Design – Banners, landing pages, print advt. design
Activities They Do?
- Interact with clients to understand the need
- Use illustrations and design software to make layouts and designs
- Choose design elements like fonts, colours, objects. Create visual elements required for the design
- Present the design to client and incorporate feedbacks received from them
- Supervise all design production stages, including arranging and supervising printing
Areas They Work?
- Corporate Communication
- Marketing & Advertisement
- Retail, E-commerce
- Packaging and Printing
- Public Relation
- Brand Management
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related fields and/or Certificate/Diploma courses in Graphic Design.
The average salary at the entry level is 1.5-2 lakhs per annum. Experience professionals get paid 3-6 lakhs per annum.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Dip/UG/PG
- Language Moderate
- Students 28
- Assessments Self