Career in Hospital Management
What is it?
Hospital Managers/Administrators typically coordinate and direct the delivery of healthcare services in a hospital system. They may head entire hospitals or be in charge of specific departments or branches due to the increasing demand of the healthcare services in India the need of professionals to manage these facilities are increasing.
Activities they do?
- Responsible for education, overall patient care, research & community health care related to the organization
- Supervise the hospital staff
- Establish policies and frameworks
- Manage human resources
- Manage hospital operations
- Allocate budgets and other financial resources
- Submit reports, and maintain and manage IT systems and databases
Areas they Work?
- Government and private hospitals
- Health Agencies, laboratories and Clinics
- Medical Colleges and Institutions
- Medical Software Companies and Hospital Consulting firms
- National and International Healthcare Organizations
Certificate/Diploma courses in Hospital Management/Bachelors in Hospital Administration (BHA) preferably followed by a healthcare management degree program including (MBA), (MPH), (MHA) and (MPA).
Working as an administrator of a medium grade hospital earns around 4 lacs per annum and for large hospital the pay goes up 8-12 lacs per annum.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self