Career in Human Rights and Environmental Law
What is it?
Human rights are primary rights that signify freedom of human beings and are defined and protected by the law. These basic human rights include freedom of expression, equality before law etc. A human rights lawyer protects these basic rights of people and saves them from abuse.
Environmental lawyers monitor the effect humans and their activities have on the environment and take the necessary legal action. They establish the required protection for different natural resources and save them from negative exploitation.
Activities they do?
- Advocate for rights to freedom, education etc.
- Study local and international human rights law
- Invigilate and analyses war crimes against humans
- Defend rights of women in under developed areas
- Guide clients through various compliance issues while setting up an industry
- Monitor issues like waste water management, energy conservation, mining etc.
- Take legal action against violators of environment laws
- Work in areas of climate change and sustainable future
Areas they Work?
- Private companies
- UN agencies
- State and local agencies
- Academic Institutions
- Non-Government Organization
Many law schools provide courses both in environmental and human rights law.
A human rights lawyer annually earns between 1.5-3 lacs at the beginning of his career.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self