Career in International trade and Investment law
What is it?
International trade law revolves around various rules and regulations of trade between different countries.
It is practised both in private and public sector.
International investment law deals with foreign direct investments and dispute settlements between private investors and sovereign states.
With rise in the quantum of exchange of resources and wealth across nations, this field is gaining huge importance as compliance with law needs to be well taken care.
Activities they do?
- Handle international business transactions
- Defend sovereign states against international claims
- Participate in settlement of investment disputes between two countries
- Negotiate and draft treaties
- Study and implement anti-corruption law
- Handle conflicts involving intellectual property law
Areas they Work?
- Regional and international organisations such as world bank, international monetary fund
- Academic institutions
- Legal departments of various MNCs
One can enter this career by doing a LLB (bachelor of law) first and then specializing in international law during LLM(master of law).
The average annual compensation for an international trade and investment lawyer is 6 lac – 7 lac.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self