Career in Jewellery Design
What is It?
Jewellery designing involves conceiving creative designs and then manufacturing attractive jewellery products. The designers pick assorted gemstones, and mold them with gold to create a piece of jewellery. This process also involves stone cutting, polishing the jewellery and at times engraving on it. With the advent of technology jewellery designing is now done on computer aided design software where the design is first created virtually. Jewellery designers are highly in demand as jewellery makes a strong fashion statement nowadays and has evolved tremendously since olden days.
- Jewellery Artist – Ideating New Jewellery Design
- Fashion Jeweller – Specializes in Jewellery Design for Fashion Industry
- Lapidary – Setting precious stones in jewellery
- Gemology – Identify & grading diamonds and stones
Activities They Do?
- Carefully understand the fashion and jewellery trend
- Design and mould the jewellery
- Identify and test the gemstones involved
- Stone cutting, engraving and polishing and testing the quality of precious metals
- Electroplating, metal colouring, anodising, enamelling and stone setting
- Work in jewellery showrooms for selling the jewellery
Areas They Work?
- Jewellery brands
- Jewellery making & designing
- Jewellery shops and showrooms
- Export houses
- Freelance designing
One can enter this career by doing Certificate/Diploma/UG/PG program in gems and jewellery design.
A jewellery designer gets an annual remuneration of 3-4 lacs. A freelance designer with a good industry experience can earn significantly.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Certificate/Diploma/UG
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes