Career in Life sciences
What is it?
Life sciences is the study of functions of various living organisms such as humans, animals, plants and their interaction with the environment.
Life scientists are primarily involved in conducting experiments on the ecosystem and all its living inhabitants and analysing the results. They examine micro-organisms too such as bacteria, fungi, yeast etc. and study marine life extensively. It is a vast field comprising of multiple branches, few of those are:
- Marine biology
Activities they do?
- Study different tissues, organisms and cells to understand various testing specimens of organisms
- Design and conduct experiments on different organisms
- Studying factors such as sunlight, soil, topography, climate of a region
- Write scientific reports based on the observations and results
- Make predictions based on different studies on how humans will affect our ecosystem in future
Areas they Work?
- Research work in government funded or private laboratories
- Private or Public universities
- Environmental Agencies
- Health Care Industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
One can enter this career by first studying physics, chemistry, biology in 10+2 and then picking up a specialization for UG/PG.
The average annual compensation of a research scientist is 5-6 lacs per annum. There has been tremendous development in the life science field in India and it has great scope as career in future.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes