Career in Maharashtra Public Service Commission(MPSC)
What is it?
Maharashtra State Services provides wide career opportunities for aspirants from Maharashtra to work at various state level postings such deputy collector, block development officer, Tahsildar, sales tax officer etc. To qualify for state services postings one has to clear the state services examination conducted by Maharashtra Public Service Commission of India (MPSC).
MPSC conducts the following exams:
- State services exam
- Forest service exam
- Agricultural service exam
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DySP)
- Assistant Commissioner Sales Tax
- Deputy Registrar Co-operative Societies
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer
- Superintendent State Excise Dept.
- Block Development Officer (BDO) – A
- Finance, Audit & Accounts Service – Group A
- Chief Officer, Nagar Palika / Nagar
- Block Development Officer (BDO) – B
- Chief Officer, Nagar Pallika / Nagar Parishad – B
- Mantralaya Section Officer
- Sub-registrar Cooperative Societies – B
- Taluka Inspector of Land Records(TILR)
- Deputy Superintendent State Excise Dept.
- Finance, Audit & Accounts Service – Group B
- Assistant Regional Transport Officer (ARTO)
- Nayab Tahasildar
A degree from a recognised university is a must to give the civil services exam. However students in their final year of graduation can also attempt the exam.
The exam consists of 3 stages as follows:
- Preliminary exam
- Personality Interview Test
The upper age limit for a general category aspirant is 33 years and a candidate can give multiple attempts. For candidates having caste reservation there is an age relaxation depending on category.
The average annual compensation of state service employee is according to his area of service and his position there. Other than the annual compensation the government provides many incentives and facilities such as accommodation, household help, official vehicles, retirement benefits etc.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self