Career in Market Research
What is it?
Market research analysts are individuals who carry on research and survey in different areas to understand the potential sales opportunity for a particular product or service.
They use various mediums to collect this data for eg. Cold calls (required for primary research), online research etc. Once the relevant data is acquired, the analyst processes it and presents it to their client.
Activities they do?
- Analysts collect data to help companies understand their current market position
- Identify buying habits of customers in order to find out potential markets
- Prepare reports of their research activities
- keep a tab of the upcoming industry trends and the advancements in different fields and track marketing and sales trends
- Assess customer satisfaction with respect to a particular service or product
Areas they Work?
- Research and Consulting Services
- Finance and Insurance
- Marketing departments of organizations
A bachelor’s degree in an area like statistics and mathematics is a good start for a career in market research. Programs such as masters in marketing research are also available.
The average salary of a Market research analyst in the beginning of his/her career is 2.5-3 lacs per annum. With experience the salary can range from 4-8 lacs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes