Career in Media Planning
What is it?
Media planner evaluates the brand or the product of a client and identifies which media platforms would best advertise the brand or the product. Media planner combines knowledge of media and communication platforms with factual analysis to develop advertising campaigns to effectively reach the target audience. Media planning mainly focuses on two important attributes, reach and frequency.
Target audience can be reached by different platforms such as social media, billboards, magazines, radio, television, brochures, newsletters, digital advertising etc.
Activities they do?
- Carefully understand clients business objectives & strategy
- Consumer research and analysing data
- Liaising with creative agency, clients & consumers to develop campaigns
- Deciding appropriate type of media to use along with best effective time span and locations
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a campaign after the execution
Areas they Work?
- Media agencies
- Full service advertising agencies
- Brand content agencies
One can enter this career by doing Diploma/UG/PG program in media research and planning.
A media planner gets an average annual compensation of 3-4 lacs per annum. The remuneration varies based on the client and project size.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes