Career in Media Research
What is it?
Media research analysts are individuals who study the effect of various forms of mass media and understand its popularity and effectiveness. The survey carried out by the analysts then helps to segment people on the media choices they make such as which television programs they watch or the magazines they read.
It is an essential part of advertising research, helps identifying potential customer base and how can this customer base be targeted effectively.
Activities they do?
- Research marketing statistics, write reports and collect information
- Have meetings with producers to discuss various ideas to improve the product advertising
- To plan and refine media programs
- To provide impetus in publicizing certain events and programs
- Monitor various media programs that are important to the client
Areas they Work?
- Public and private media organizations
- Academic and research Institutions
- Marketing Agencies
- Non-Government organizations
A bachelor’s degree in an area like mass communication and journalism is a good start for a career in media research. Further an MBA in Marketing can also be done.
The average annual compensation of a Media research analyst in the beginning of his/her career is around 3-4.5 lacs per annum. With experience the package may hike up to 7-8 Lacs.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level PG
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self